Application for Vietnam’s visa can be applied in person at Consulate General of Vietnam in Osaka, or by mail.
The Document shall include the following documents:
1/ Application Form (download here) with 02 attached photos (3cm x 4cm or 3.5cm x 4.5cm);
2/ Original Passport or passport substitute;
3/ Visa approval document (copy would be acceptable) issued by the Immigration Department (Ministry of Public Security) or the Consular Department, the Department of External Relations of the Ho Chi Minh city (Ministry of Foreign Affairs). NG3, NG4 visa applicants can submit a Diplomatic note of Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the diplomatic mission/consular agency in the host country instead of the above mentioned visa approval document.
(*) In case of applying for Visa by mail, it is advised to use Letterpack mail which has the tracking number (in order to track your documents/package easily)
A prepaid return envelope: if the applicant requests the visa be returned by mail, please use service of the delivery service company. A prepaid and self-addressed envelope must be enclosed with applicant’s passport, application form, visa fees and other current fees (if needed, such as visa approval arrangement fee, processing fee, shipping, handling and expedite services).
To avoid losses during delivery, it is advised to use certified mail such as Letterpack 520¥ (sample here)/ Yupakku (sample here) with tracking number for your easy tracking. The Consulate General shall not be responsible for any missing documents due to your choice of using uncertified mails.
For further inquiries, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; or contact the Consulate General at telephone number 072-221-666
Mail address of the Consulate General of Vietnam in Osaka
Osaka-fu, Sakai-shi, Ichinocho Higashi 4-2-15
Consulate General of Viet Nam in Osaka
(For visa procedures)
- Foreigners should: (i) contact and request the agency, organization, individual who is the inviter or sponsor in Vietnam to handle procedures for visa approval document issued by the Immigration Department (Ministry of Public Security) or the Consular Department, the Department of External Relations of the Ho Chi Minh city (Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Applicants who have the above-mentioned Visa approval document can proceed to submit the visa application documents to obtain the visa at the Consulate General accordingly.
- SQ visa applicants should contact Vietnamese missions abroad for detail instructions.
- Passport validity must be at least 01 month longer than the applied visa validity. However, many airlines require passport validity of at least 06 months for eligibility.
- An appointed agent submitting the Visa application documents on behalf of Applicants, does not need the Power of Attorney/Letter of Authorization./.
4/Types of visa, it categories and traits:
a. Types of visas:
• Visa sticker: is a visa labeled directly into a passport;
• Loose-leaf visa: is a visa issued separately from a passport.
b. The validity:
• Single entry visa: is a visa having validity to enter into and exit from Vietnam for one time.
• Multiple entry visa: is a visa having validity to enter into and exit from Vietnam for more than one time.
c. Visa categories:
• NG1 - issued to members of delegations invited by the General Secretary of the Communist Party, the President, the Chairman of the National Assembly, and the Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam.
• NG2 - issued to members of delegations invited by the Standing Secretariat of the Viet Nam’s Communist Party, the Vice President, the Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly, the Deputy Prime Minister, the President of the Central Committee of the Vietnamese Fatherland Front, the Chief Justice of the People’s Supreme Court, the Chief Procurator of the People’s Supreme Procuracy, the President of State Auditor; members of delegations invited by Ministers and equivalents, the provincial and municipal Party Committee Secretary, the People’s Council Chairman and People’s Committee Chairman of cities and provinces under the central administration.
• NG3 - issued to members of diplomatic and consular missions, representative offices of international organizations under the United Nations and inter-governmental organizations; and their spouses, children under 18 years of age, and their private servants during their term of office.
• NG4- issued to working partners of diplomatic and consular missions, representative offices of international organizations under the United Nations and inter-governmental organizations, visitors of members of the diplomatic and consular missions, representative offices of international organizations under the United Nations and inter-governmental organizations.
• LV1 - issued to working partners of committees, agencies under the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Viet Nam; the National Assembly, the Government, the Central Committee of Vietnamese Fatherland Front, the People’s Supreme Court, the People’s Supreme Procuracy, State Audit Agency, Ministries, ministerial and governmental agencies, the provincial and municipal Party Committee, the People’s Councils, the People’s Committees of cities and provinces under the central administration.
• LV2 - issued to working partners of socio-political organizations, social organizations, Viet Nam’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
• ĐT - issued to foreign investors and foreign lawyers operating in Viet Nam.
• DN - issued to working partners of Viet Nam businesses.
• NN1 - issued to the chief representative of representative offices/ projects of international organizations and foreign NGOs in Viet Nam.
• NN2 - issued to the heads of representative offices, branches of foreign businesses; representative offices of foreign economic, cultural, and other professional institutions in Viet Nam.
• NN3 - issued to working partners of foreign NGOs, representative offices, branches of foreign businesses, representative offices of foreign economic, cultural, and other professional institution in Viet Nam.
• DH - issued to interns, students.
• HN - issued to conference/seminar attendants.
• PV1 - issued to resident foreign correspondents and reporters in Viet Nam.
• PV2 - issued to foreign correspondents/reporters with short-term visa to Viet Nam.
• LĐ - issued to workers/laborers.
• DL - issued to tourists.
• TT - issued to foreigner who is spouse, children under 18 years of age of the foreigner who has been granted LV1/LV2/ĐT/NN1/NN2/DH/PV1/LĐ visa, or to a foreigner who is parent, spouse, children of a Vietnamese citizen.
• VR - issued to applicant who visit relatives or enter Viet Nam for other purposes.
• SQ – The head of Viet Nam’s mission abroad is eligible to issue up-to-30-day visa for foreigners who enter Vietnam for the purpose of market survey, tourism, visiting relatives, or medical treatment in following cases:
a) A person who has working relations with the Viet Nam’s visa granting agency abroad and his/her spouse and children; or a person who applies for Viet Nam visa with a request (in written form) of a competent agency under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the host country;
b) A person who holds a guarantee diplomatic note issued by the diplomatic missions or consular agencies based in the host country.
d. Visa validity duration:
• SQ visa is valid for up to 30 days
• HN, DL visa is valid for up to 3 months
• VR visa is valid for up to 6 months
• NG1, NG2, NG3, NG4, LV1, LV2, DN, NN1, NN2, NN3, DH, PV1, PV2 and TT visa is valid for up to 12 months
• LĐ visa is valid for up to 2 years
• ĐT visa is valid for up to 5 years
• Expired visas can be subject to visa renewal
• Visa validity shall be at least 30 days shorter than passport or international travel document validity.
5/ Processing duration:
• NG1 and NG2 visas are issued within 01 working day from the day the Viet Nam’s mission abroad receives valid and complete visa applications and visa approval granted by the Consular Department or the Department of External Affairs of Ho Chi Minh city.
• Other types of visas are issued within 05 working days form the day the Viet Nam’s mission abroad receives valid and complete visa applications, and visa approval granted by the Immigration Department, Consular Department or the Department of External Affairs of Ho Chi Minh city.
6/ Applicants eligible for loose-leaf visa:
• Holder of a valid passport running out of blank page for a visa sticker.
• Holder of a passport issued by a country that has not yet to establish diplomatic/consular relations with Viet Nam.
• Holder of a valid international travel document.
• For diplomatic, national defense, and security purposes./.